Thank you to both http://tulayyilmazbotanicalart.wordpress.com and http://newenglandselkie.wordpress.com/for nominating me for the Liebster Award! Much like the Butterfly Light Award I was nominated for recently, the Liebster Award is all about bloggers spreading the word about other bloggers. How lovely is it to be recognized by peers and simultaneously find out about other talented bloggers?
To accept this award, I have to answer 11 questions or share 11 facts about myself to let my readers know about more about the person behind the blog. New England Selkie requested “11 random facts,” but Tulay had some specific questions in mind:
1. What makes your blog so important for people out there?
I started this blog to preserve and promote the stories and images of the outdoor world. My intent is to inspire people to explore the outdoors and appreciate aspects of our world that tend to be under-appreciated. If anyone, for just one moment, looks in awe at a photo of a landscape at sunrise or a bison up close, learns something new about a once-endangered species or even a very common species, or laughs out loud at a story of some of the quirky people that call rural places home, then I think that speaks to my blog’s importance! I’ll keep using my blog for that intent of inspiration, preservation, and appreciation.
2. What are three things you are really confident about in yourself?
I am confident in my articulateness, especially on paper, my organizational skills, and my commitment to my academic and professional goals.
3. Do you have any guess why I nominated you?
Because you like my writing and photos?
4. Which post of yours are you proud of the most and why?
“Coyotes” is the post I am most proud of. It illustrates my love for all life on Earth, regardless of reputation, in both written and visual form backed up with research in order to (hopefully) imbue open-mindedness and scientific understanding of an oft-unappreciated species.
5. Which type of people are the most annoying to you?
Any and all evidence of arrogance drives me nuts.
6. Is life beautiful?
7. What is the biggest problem of humanity?
The growing human population.
8. What is your favorite song of all time?
My favorite anything changes so much; I never have favorites!
9. Do you know any other language?
I used to know Spanish but haven’t practiced in years.
10. Are you a good cook?
Yes, but I rely on recipes most of the time.
11. What job you would love to do through your life?
Run an organization dedicated to sustainable employment and environmental stewardship.
And here are my nominees for the Liebster Award:
As for the 11 facts/questions to answer about yourself, feel free to represent yourself in whichever 11 ways you would like!
The Official Liebster Award Rules:
- Thank the blogger that nominated you and link back to their blog.
- Display the award somewhere on your blog.
- List 11 facts about yourself.
- Answer 11 questions chosen by the blogger who nominated you.
- Come up with 11 new questions to ask your nominees.
- Nominate 5 – 11 blogs that you think deserve the award and who have less than 1,000 followers. (You many nominate blogs that have already received the award, but you cannot renominate the blog that nominated you.)
- Go to their blog and inform them that they’ve been nominated.